Magic socks, warming socks, wet socks – whatever you call it, is a simple and effective form of hydrotherapy that has been used for centuries to draw down congestion from the head and improve circulation.
Other uses for magic socks include:
- Nasal congestion from colds and flus
- Sinus congestion
- Improving lower limb circulation
- Improving lymphatic circulation
- Improving overall circulation and immune health
How to: Magic Socks
Prepare the magic socks just before bedtime. This process happens overnight!
- 1 pair of thin cotton socks
- 1 pair of thick woolly socks
And now, for the magic…
- Soak the thin pair of cotton socks in room temperature or cool water
- Wring out the thin socks so it is damp and not dripping wet. Put on the thin pair of cotton socks
- Put on the dry, thick pair of woolly socks over top the wet socks
- Cozy up under the covers and let your Vis medicatrix naturae (healing power of nature) work magic on your congestion
- Wake up with dry socks, a good night’s sleep, and a decongested head!
Have you tried magic socks before? How did it work for you?